Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Why, oh why, oh why-o!

Why did I ever go to Ohio?
I know why. Technical Interchange Meetings.

Bleh. This has been a travesty, so far.

The bright side is the fact that the admirable Kevin White lent me Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I read in its entirety yesterday. It was quite good. Rowling's writing really is getting better and better. I thought it was slow at first. Some thoughts:
-I guessed the identity of the Half-Blood Prince before the book was even published; in fact, when Rowling first announced the title of her up-coming volume. How? Why? I don't know. I just noted that Rowling hinted that it was an already established character, so I just went through the list of possible candidates whose origins were still murky, and came to a conclusion. My guess was confirmed by things throughout the book.
-I figured out by the middle of the book which major character would leave the story.
-I think there's more to the ending, and the perpetrators thereof, than one would initially believe.

Tonight, a lot of people from our group went to a bar. We played a trivia game. Fun.

Okay, well, tomorrow is my big presentation. Exciting.

It is now after midnight, eastern time. *yawn* TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home