Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Vacation 2

I wrote a longish post, but it got dumped.

We're still on vacation.

Monday: Went to Hollywood Bowl for Disneyland 50th anniversary concert. It was better than it sounds. Jeff got great seats and took me as a surprise. The concert included appearances by Mickey and Minnie, Donald Duck, composer Richard Sherman, some of the Electrical Light Parade floats, and Fess Parker (played Davey Crockett, which was-- I found out-- Jeff's favorite TV show when he was a child).

Tuesday morning, we went to LAX to meet Mia and her team as they returned from PNG. It was great to have her back, and she has plenty of exciting things to share.
Tuesday evening, we saw the King Tut exhibit at LACMA. It was fairly good, although it was over-crowded, and both Jeff and I were disappointed that they didn't have Tut's mummy and sarcophagus on display.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

I would have LOVED to go to that concert. Shucks, this is the first time I've even heard of it.

I want to get to the TUT exhibit sometime.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home