Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No, really. What IS there to say?

I'm just be-bopping along through my life right now. Everything has gone a little crazy, so anything other than a be-bop would be difficult to maintain.

Jeff alluded, in his blog, to the fact that our plans for moving the the Central Valley have changed somewhat. Rather than keeping our original end-of-December target, it looks as we will be moving to Visalia at the end of September. Obviously, this raises our stress level several notches, since we have many things to do, not the least of which is the finding of employment. I had counted on having several more months to spend with friends and family, and now it turns out that I don't have much time at all.

At work, things are the same as ever. This week's indignity: One of our conference rooms has actually disappeared. No joke. Yesterday, there was a conference room in the southeastern corner of the building. Today, the table and chairs have been removed, desks and file cabinets have been emplaced, and the conference room is now an office. Nobody in facilities informed anybody in our department of this change. The Outlook Calendar still officially lists me as having a meeting (I'm the Anaheim chair of the meeting) in that conference room tomorrow. What the heck?!?!?!?! Whatever. I only have two more months of this crap. Of course, I'll miss my job when I go, and eventually it will become the setting of much nostalgic rambling, but right now, I am just so done with all of it. How can they expect me to provide decent and productive work when (1) my computer is not up to standards-- officially, it's supposed to be replaced, but the IT folks don't return my pages, (2) my office is so cold I sometimes have to wear gloves, (3) facilities change without notice, (4) the customer keeps slashing budgets but expecting us to still provide them with quality analysis without being given adequate raw data or other material to work with, (5) etc. etc. etc...?

I still have lots to do at home. I planned to clean and write some letters last night, but we ended up spending the evening with the Winters-- an enjoyable pursuit, but not efficacious for house cleanliness. We did play Haunted Mansion Clue, though. There are hidden Mickeys all over the game board. =) Or rather, :o
P.S. Has anyone ever noticed that Mickey does not actually look anything like a mouse?

Jeff and I are getting by with just one car, since the Accord is still in the shop. I'm taking the bus to and from work. Not too bad, but it makes it difficult to run any errands on the way home at the end of a day.

Christina is coming over tonight. It will be good to see her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P. said...

I've noticed that you guys are really social people. Do you spend almost all your free time hanging out with friends? That would get tiring for an introvert like yourself, I bet.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Yes. Come to think of it, that's probably one of the reasons I am tired all the time.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home