Monday, July 04, 2005

Vacation

Jeff and I are well and truly on vacation. Technically, we started on Friday, but I had some work to do and we were getting some other stuff done around town, so we left on Saturday afternoon. Funny story, though. I went to drop my stuff off at work, and there were lots of people there. Hmmm, some people can't figure how to take a holiday. I walked into B's office and said, "Will you please get a life?" while he said "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!" because apparently I frightened him.

Well, anyway, Jeff and I are at an undisclosed location, far away from it all and avoiding responsibility. We went to a few museums yesterday, and have spent a lot of time vegging. We've watched four DVDs of Buffy Season 4 so far. As per usual, Riley annoys me. How could Buffy stand him? The plot involves him being given drugs to enhance his mental and physical abilities, which leads me to wonder, how dim would he have been without them?!? Excepting a few highlights (including the episode "Hush," which has the distinction of being the only episode of Buffy or Angel that has ever actually frightened me), I find Season 4 to be the low point of the series (although Jeff is happy as long as Anya is part of the action).

Back to regularly scheduled, non-Buffy programming: Today is 4 July, which is the date that the United States of America celebrate their national holiday. As my dad once said, it was very clever of those colonials to time the signing of the Declaration of Independence to coincide with a holiday.

Not sure what we're going to do today, but we're being very lazy about it. Mmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home