Monday, June 06, 2005

Ever have one of those times when you just feel like a failure? I planned to do a lot of homework this weekend, but all I did was read one book. I’m a bad student. I wanted to see my parents, but I fell asleep instead. I’m a bad daughter. I brought work-related stuff to do over the weekend, but didn’t even touch it. I’m a bad employee. I intended to call Jessica and Katie, and possibly Elizabeth and Sara, and I didn’t. I’m a bad friend. The kitchen is dirty, and I had hoped to clean it, and to be able to cook something, so that Jeff could have something to eat other than fast food during the upcoming week, but instead, Jeff cleaned the kitchen (which is my chore) and cooked dinner on Saturday night. I’m a bad wife and homemaker. As a final indignity, I put on a pair of jeans yesterday and discovered that they are very tight (despite the fact that I weighed myself and am just at 125). I’m too fat for my clothing anymore!

So anyway, things are not going well at work, with people changing their minds and waffling about important decisions, which effectively negates several weeks’ worth of work that I’ve done here; I have assignments that basically add up to two full-time jobs; and IT still has not fixed my computer.

Oh, the humanity
!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caterpillar said...

Breathe Deb, we all have weekends like this (some of us more than others) and sometimes were entitled to a lazy just so long as it doesn't become a habit. Also instead of beating yourself up over Jeff cleaning the kitchen thank him and be grateful, there are some men on this planet that won't even look at a dirty kitchen let alone touch it.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home