Saturday, May 21, 2005

Another out-of-town weekend

This lovely weekend, I am up in Visalia. I drove up with Candace (and her friend Chelsea) last night, in order to be here for Candace's bridal shower. I certainly am happy to be part of a shower for my future sister, but it is a trifle inconvenient, in that this is the weekend before finals week... Oh, well.

Yesterday, I finally felt as though I put in a good day at work. I was terribly tired and stuffed up, with sneezing and a runny nose. However, I did a lot of work on the document I am writing to justify an update to the DID criteria (the document our field engineers use as a reference and a guide to aid in technical decisions). I am almost done, and it will be ready to be evaluated by Cheryl and Murray, et al, on Monday or Tuesday. The good part about my task is that I feel as though I am being at least a little bit useful; the bad part is that writing a technical document is not nearly exciting even as watching grass grow. *yawn*

After work, I went home. Jeff had made dinner, and we watched an old movie together, The Little Giant (great fish-out-of-water comedy; see it if you ever have the chance), as a treat for me. Then I packed and we headed to Biola to spend some time with Mia and Tim; we ended up going to Coldstone (where my beloved Mark Baesel is the manager, although he wasn't there last night) with them, and Abbie Cox came along, too. We had fun eating yummy stuff that is bad for us, giggling and joking on a sugar high. I made up a new name for myself, if I'm ever feeling evil: Darth Kitious. Heheh. We listened to Maroon 5 and Tim sang in a funny voice. We drove to the Lido apartments and waited for Rob, Candace, and Chelsea to arrive from the main campus, where Rob had just played in a intramural basketball game. After a while, the three travelers were finally on our way. Candace drove, and I worked a bit on my computer and then took a nap. We arrived in Visalia c. 1:30, Candace dropped me off at the Feelys' house, and Debbie got up to let me in, and then went straight back to bed. I went to bed myself, although I had to rest a little while before I was able to fall asleep after my catnap in the car.

This morning, I woke up and found that Debbie and Jerry were enjoying breakfast out in their back yard. I joined them and had a good time chatting and relaxing for a bit. We got ready for the day, had lunch, and then Debbie and I went out to buy presents for tomorrow's shower. I am happy with what I was able to buy for Candace. When we came home, Debbie took Jerry out to shop for a mother-of-the-groom dress for the wedding, while I stayed home and did a little homework (studying for Cults final). Jerry and I saw an old movie on TV, The Man in the Attic, and watched it. Hilarious flick with Jack Palance as Jack the Ripper. Hmm. Debbie cooked pasta for dinner, and I made carrots cooked with fresh rosemary--very yummy.

Now, I must wrap Candace's shower gifts and do some more schoolwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home