Saturday, May 14, 2005

Another weekend in SD

I drove down to San Diego with Debbie yesterday. She is speaking at the Christian Family Schools of San Diego conference, or something like that. I came along to keep her company, and because Jeff is in Las Vegas with Josh. We are in the Bristol Hotel, which is fairly nice, even though the internet in the room didn't work very well (which put a kink in my plans to spend several hours researching for my report on AIDS in Papua). At this moment, I'm in the lobby (which has some sort of remote wireless access that I've been able to tap into. I've spent 3 hours reading about the history and statistics of AIDS, so I think I deserve a little break.

There were some lovely people that left comments on my blog a few weeks ago, and I haven't addressed some of the questions yet. Yes, Wendy, I have a blog. It's just a few months old, so you haven't missed much, and I see that you have a blog, too. I'd like to see you soon, especially since I haven't seen you since Connor was just a tiny baby.
Yes, Sherida, we need to talk! I miss you, and will be happy to have a bit more time for a few weeks during summer.
The big news is that Jeff and I have bought a house, and we'll be moving to Visalia. Yes, that is correct. I will be able to attend CSU Fresno and study my beloved parasites, and Jeff will continue in his computer career. Don't worry-- we won't be moving for at least 8 months, since the house is not even built yet. It is a 5-bedroom, 3-bath house with 1/4-acre of land. Bleh! Guess who's not going to be doing the yardwork? I wanted a townhouse, with just enough yard or patio to grow a little kitchen garden... But anyway, I am still adjusting to the idea of moving and changing a lot about my life. I am excited to be heading on the career path I really want, since I've been disenchanted with the corporate life. But on the plus side, I might be able to keep my engineering job part-time, at least for a while. Yay, income!

And now, I get to head back up to Fullerton and La Mirada, and get there just barely in time to attend the Horton Memorial Barbeque/Wrecking Party. I opted to get the t-shirt. Oh, I'm such a wild and crazy chick!

1 Comments:

Blogger theologian x said...

As a former Biola student advid supporter of the theologian Ed Enochs, I think your comments about him are un christ like.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home