Monday, May 23, 2005

Beginnings and Endings

It was the end of my semester today (I get a whole week off, and then start summer school).
It was the beginning of my realization that my baby sister really has grown up.

I had a pretty busy day today. I was tired most of the time, too.

After Candace's bridal shower ended (although the family hung out at her aunt's house for almost an hour after the rest of the guests had left), Debbie drove all Candace's presents over to her family's house, and then most of them were loaded up in her trunk, to be transported down south. We left Visalia c. 6 pm, and I got back to the apartment in Fullerton c. 10:30 pm. Long drive, and very tiring.

This morning, I got up and studied some for my final tonight. Then I went to work for a few hours, but remembered that Mia was leaving for PNG and I needed to see her before she left, but hadn't made any definite plans. So I called her and we figured out that it would be better to have lunch together, since I wouldn't have quality time with her if I went to SMU at 3:30 pm to see off the team. She told me to pick her up at Stewart, since she was borrowing a video camera from a friend. When i got there, she was nowhere to be found. I called her and she said, "Oh, I'm still at Horton!" When she got down to Stewart, she told me that Dan had called her and asked if she wanted to to have lunch together; we decided to bring him along. Mia obtained her video camera from her friend (named, I think, Justin), and we headed off to get Dan at the mail center, where he was helping Becky Taylor carry boxes or something. We went to Spaghetti Factory, where we filmed a bit of video for her to send to Tim, and discussed Dan's counseling class. I left the other two at the library to burn the video to DVD, and then returned to work. After a few more hours of hard technical writing, I headed off to school to take my Cults of America final. It wasn't too bad. I'm happy to be done with the class.

I came home, played on my computer, watched Futurama and Family Guy, and ate Hagendazs ice cream. I wanted to spend more time with Jeff, but he was working on fixing our file server. We'll spend lots of quality time together this week.

Big sister's lament: I know she is 18, but it just doesn't seem real that my little Mia is heading off to another country tomorrow, as a mature college student and leader among her peers. I still think of her as a little girl. I feel old!

2 Comments:

Blogger Graf Spee said...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa P. said...

Any time for me before you move?

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home