Thursday, April 14, 2005

More Thursday

I haven't forgotten that it is [when I feel like it] theatre, film, and TV day on Thursday.

I'd like to wish a very happy birthday to Sarah Michelle Gellar, who has many accomplishments to her credit (Did you know she won an Emmy when she was just 18?), not the least of which is her portrayal of Buffy in my favorite TV show. But I think it is a tragedy for an actor to become associated with just one role, so I'll also note that she has starred in several very financially successful movies, including I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream 2 (in these two teen horror flicks, she played very well as a member of ensemble casts), Cruel Intentions (I thought she gave a convincingly nasty performance), Scooby-Doo (with husband Freddie Prinze, Jr.), and last summer's sleeper hit The Grudge. The one thing I would note about her career is that she might find it helpful to break out of the horror rut and diversify her career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home