Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sun Day

We did have some lovely sun today. I had heard a rumor that it was going to rain this weekend, so it was very pleasant to have the nice weather instead.

I ought to be reviewing for my Cults of America midterm (tomorrow evening), but I'm just tired of studying Jesus-Only/Oneness Pentecostalism and New Age philosophy (guess what--it's pantheism and monism!). I watched George Arliss' Voltaire, which was better than I'd expected, and now I'm eating ice cream--Lacy and Christina left it here last week, and I figured I should eat it, since it would be a crime to let good cookie dough ice cream get freezer burn.

It was an eventful weekend. We spent Friday night and some of Saturday with Mia and Tim, after which we did homework and stuff. Last night, I went to a bridal shower for my beloved Kelly Tooley (soon to be Watts). It was at Buca di Beppo in Thousand Oaks, and I carpooled up with Veronica Wingard and my dear Diana Petroi. I had so much fun spending time with them. The shower was fun, too. It was a group of girls that I've known (some better than others) since Biola, and because they all know each other even better than I, there was a great spirit of joy and comraderie. Michelle Kelman, Melissa Martin, and Janette Hagen were the hostesses; guests included Angie Borges, Jen Chu (she makes me smile), Shay Newland, and Rachael Bond, plus some ladies I don't know as well, such as Jen Jones and Sarah Shevlin. Rachael, Vern, Diana, and I all lived with Kelly in Horton (Di and I were her roomies), and a lot of the other ladies had been with her on mission trips to the Ukraine. It made me miss the closeness that one experiences with mission trips... Anyway, there were lots of hugs and laughter. Jeff and I won't be able to go to Kel's wedding, since we'd already been committed to the Europe trip since before the wedding date was set (heck, since before Kel even got engaged), but we'll go out to Texas some time soon, to meet Derek and have some good ol' Texas fun. =) It was good to be reminded how much I need people, and how much I miss Kelly, Diana, and even Rachael (she lived across the hall in Horton; we've had some great conversations through the years).

Speaking of Horton Hall: Veronica, Diana, and I are going to attend the Horton Wrecking Party (our last Em-Ho BBQ ever!), and my sis will be there. I'll try to get Elizabeth to come. Sherida will probably be there, and maybe Liz Ray. =) I'm going to send some of my pics for the slide show. I wish Biola would make special edition Em-Ho t-shirts or sweatshirts available to alumni. *sniff sniff* I can't believe they're going to tear down Horton!
H.O.T.T.I.E.S. and T.O.U.G.H. Girls Forever!
L.O.U.D. and Proud, Baby!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Graf Spee said...

Sis,
Let me know when it is and I'll try and be there as well as try to get my roommate to show.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home