Monday, April 11, 2005

More than Midterms on Monday

I had my Cults of America midterm this evening, which was a relief, since I've been studying for the past week or so. I know I got over 90, but don't think I got a perfect score. Oh,well.

My gripe for the day is the total inability of my company's IT (software or hardware) to accomplish anything of worth. I was issued a laptop more than a month ago, and it still does not work properly. Neither the audio nor the modem work properly, and the software people say it's a hardware problem, and the hardware people say it's a software problem. Meanwhile, my computer doesn't operate as it should, and while it does not impede my day-to-day work, all engineers are technically required to have (1) an operational modem for traveling and (2) functional audio to enable video conferencing and such. I just want a computer that works as specified by the company that issues it. Sheesh.

Speaking of work and stuff, my old pal B has been up to some amusing things. He has good motives. For example, he decided that he really wants to dig into specs and manuals and historical documents, and learn the ins and outs of our toaster system. This is great, except that his method of doing so is to photocopy said documents page by page, and he thinks I should have copies, too. My desk is seldom clean, because I have papers and folders scattered all over, and as of today, I have acquired five or six new thick documents, which apparently account for the recent decimation of the Brazilian rainforest.

In other news, Elizabeth has returned from Israel. I'm glad she made it home safely, and I look forward to hearing her stories and seeing her photos. She was still pretty tired today.

Cheryl keeps a jar of jelly beans in her office. They are spicy and tangy jelly beans--very addictive. There are some that taste like cloves and cinnamon.

And we see some Montague/Capulet action in Florida, when two teens' love affair brings the families to bloodshed.

P.S. Futurama is funny. And Family Guy. "Oh, Peter, you are the height of just-too-muchery."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home