Saturday, November 05, 2005

Worst. Day. Ever.

I suppose that someone, somewhere, has had a worse day (like, maybe, Job). However, this has been just a horrible day for me.

TOUCHY IS MISSING.

My darling kitty-cat went missing some time between 10 and 11:30 am. He has not been seen since. We don't know if he is hiding somewhere in the house, or if he somehow managed to slip outside, but he is gone, and I'm in a panic. I'm crying and imagining the worst possible scenarios. Has he wandered afar and been hit by a car? Or been kit-napped by cruel people who like to torture small animals? He has always been an indoor cat, since we've always lived in apartments, so he has no experience with the wide world, at least since we adopted him from the shelter three years ago. He is out in a strange neighborhood, and it's getting dark and cold outside.

There are several people that I should have called, to chat and check in, and I haven't. I can't read or watch TV or anything. All I can do is sit and stare, thinking about my cat, and then go outside and call for him for a bit. Augh! I'm seriously traumatized. I'm going to cry for a bit more.


Hobbes, Deb, Jeff, Touchy. One big happy family last Christmas. Now, we are missing our baby Touchers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiti said...

I was so caught up in my grief over losing my cat that I forgot to add that the other reason it is the worst day ever is that today is the Biola Gospel Choir reunion. I was supposed to go to that, and share the joy and worship, but due to the craziness of our house closing schedule, I am NOT ABLE TO BE THERE. GC people, I LOVE YOU. Never doubt that. Lots of you were there for me, on so many occasions, in so many ways, when I really needed it. I love the way that GOD works through all of you, and I hope that He continues to have His hand in your lives.
Ugh. Bad week, overall. And I still can't go back to work till Wednesday, at the earliest.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm so glad you found touchy!

And may I say that Christmas photo of you all is EXCELLENT and you all look really great!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home