Saturday, October 08, 2005

Weekend World

I deleted the "X your confessions" thingie because it took up a lot of space and it was lame. You won't miss it, anyways.

This has been a nice Saturday. Low-key. I've been reading some ancient philosophy (only 600 more pages) and otherwise bumming around. I like weekends. I like the fact that I can plunk myself down on the couch and not move all day, except to cruise to the kitchen for some food and drink. I read a lot of news and blogs, and watched one of my old movies (Miracle of Morgan's Creek-- see it, it's fabulous!). Jeff spent all day working on his paper (with occasional breaks for Halo).

I'm trying to remember any significant events from the past week, to chronicle here, but can't think of any. Probably because there weren't any.
Sunday-- we had lunch with my fam. Mike is back from NY, so he was there, and Tim was also there, with his annoying friend Nate and Mia's annoying friend Jen.
Monday-- can't remember anything about it.
Tuesday-- can't remember anything. Christina didn't come over, because she had to do her MMPI at the Biola Counseling Center, for Personal Foundations of Ministry. Guess what! She is having difficulty setting up her follow-up counseling appointment, because they keep giving her options for appointments during working hours. As far as I'm concerned, this vindicates me 100% with regard to the events that transpired while I was in the PFM class during Fall 2001. Turns out I was not the problem, after all. Now I'm sort of waiting to see if they tell Christina that she is a bad person, and the reason the Intentional Character Development program exists is to fix people like her.
Wednesday-- Laurel came over for dinner (Jeff cooked really yummy chicken) and visiting. She and Jeff watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, while I offered good-natured mocking.
Thursday-- I cooked beef in sweet-and-sour sauce for Jeff. I'm such a good wife this week! Then, roommate night with my girls. We studied Romans 9-11 (How about those wild olives, huh?) and ate chocolate-covered chocolate Hagendazs ice cream bars.
Friday-- two movies with Jeff.
Saturday-- sleeping in, grazing and lazing.

And now to continue my perusal of The Cambridge History of Later Greek and Early Medieval Philosophy. Oh, Plotinus, you sly rogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home