Monday, October 24, 2005

This is for Rho!

Laurel requested a new post (at least one before I move), so here it is.

It is 1:30 am, and I'm still not in bed. Boo. I am actually online looking for jobs.

Today, I celebrated:
-The return of my TMJ problems. I wouldn't mind so much, except that it makes it very difficult to eat.
-The arrival of my first Netflix selection! Libeled Lady! It will be my reward for finally reaching the halfway point of my class.

Yesterday, I was busy:
-Spent the afternoon with Sara and Elizabeth. We watched My Fair Lady and Tomb Raider. I know most of the dialogue and all of the score of My Fair Lady-- relics of a misspent adolescence. Some day, I should play Eliza Doolittle on stage.
-Had dinner with John Mark and Hope Reynolds. We don't see them often enough as it is, and moving far away will be sad.
-Did homework and watched the first episodes of Star Trek Voyager. I like it better than I thought I would. Kate Mulgrew both looks and sounds like Katharine Hepburn, and I'm sure that is no coincidence.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P. said...

Who does Kate Mulgrew play in Voyager? The captain?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Yes, Janeway, the captain.
Apparently, it was a big deal to have a cast a *gasp* female in the lead role as a captain of a starship. However, I think she fits very naturally, and as a captain, is the second-best Star Trek captain overall. I'm defining excellence as a captain in terms of my own hypothetical ability/willingess to take orders and follow him/her to the death. I'd follow Picard and Janeway pretty easily. I like the calm air of authority. Kirk always seems a bit much of the adolescent goof-off.

12:20 PM  
Blogger RhoYo said...

Thanks Deb! I feel loved!!! =) also, discussing Janeway on your blog is a very cool thing - and it was a big deal, can't you just imagine the horror of all those nerdly male types over having a female in charge of such a valuable and technical thing like a starship? Voyager was actually a life changing show for me - it helped me realize how hot asian men are.

7:44 PM  
Blogger slowlane said...

Ha ha! I found your blog.
I see you are having great fun trying to find gainful employment in this lovely city that you will be coming to shortly. What sort of job are you looking for anyway? If you want, I could share some of my babysitting with you. Babysitters here are in high demand, and with your degree you could probably charge more than $7 an hour.

I've forgotten when you said you are moving up this way. I'll have to make sure I can give you my world famous "Visalia is not as bad as it sounds" tour. =)

Rebecca C.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The thought of using a M.A. in Theology to get better babysitting money cracks me up.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Hi, Slow Lane! We are now in Visalia, waiting for our house to be ready.
I wish I liked children. I'll skip the babysitting, but if they need tutoring, sign me up!

And Rho, I agree, Kim is a nice specimen (I know we talked already).

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home