Friday, August 05, 2005

TGIF again

Happily, Friday finally arrived again, even though it often seemed, throughout the week, as though it might not.

I had a reasonably good and productive day at work. At the very least, I survived, so it was quite an unqualified success! Seriously, though, I did a lot of work on my various projects, and went to lunch with the guys (or at least, some of them-- Doug/Patton, Clarence/Killer, Eric/Acolyte, and Carroll Shiplett/the old guy). Jeff and I had chiropractic appointments, and then went to the grocery store.

Sarah Ditore arrived just before dinner time. She's visiting for a few days! We ate fajitas, and now we're watching Sci Fi Friday. Yay!

There's not much to share. Not many adventures this week.

TCM had a full day of Joel McCrea films. I recorded several. If I had to choose a favorite actor, of all the classic actors I adore, it just might be Joel McCrea. I think that Jeff looks a lot like him, although Jeff doesn't agree... I'm not sure why not, since Mr. McCrea was very handsome, as well as talented. I'm attempting to post a picture:

Okay, so my use of HTML still needs some work. It's just-- Doesn't he look like Jeff would, if he wore western gear and posed with Veronica Lake (who looks something like me, if I had my hair that way and wore 1940s-style clothes)?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He doesn't look anything like me....

9:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa P. said...

Ehhhh... I'm not seeing the resemblance. Maybe if I saw him from the front instead of seeing the profile view.

6:04 PM  
Blogger TW said...

No seeing it at all.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Don't know why no one else can see it. And Jeff has said, at other times, that he can see the resemblance. But I guess it's just not a good picture for the comparison. *sigh*

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home