Friday, December 02, 2005

This week in review

It wasn't so interesting that I have to write a huge thesis about it, but here are a few highlights:

Monday
-Drove 225 miles to work.
-After getting to work, my favorite khaki pants ripped in the rear. Very traumatised, but fortunately, was able to avoid "most embarrassing moment" scenario, and had suitcase full of clothing in car in parking lot. Was unable to find replacement pants at Savers. Am now down to two pair of pants for entire week.
-Lunch at Quiznos with some of the guys; one of them is leaving for another company, so it was the last lunch with him.
-Spent the night with Mia in Emerson.

Tuesday
-Worked part of day at work.
-Ran errands at school, including going to Talbot office and library.
-Dropped into the Word and Image metatorrey class for a pleasant time. There was much discussion about "Is Indiana Jones an anti-hero, and does he change for the better in Raiders of the Lost Ark?" and "Why does everyone like It's a Wonderful Life so much?" Lots to think about, even though I don't care for It's a Wonderful Life (IMHO, Capra went downhill after 1939 and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington), and like Temple of Doom best of the three Indiana Jones movies.
-Ate and chatted with Joi. I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did. I love talking with her, because we both bring such different perspectives to the table, yet I think we have a lot in common. We both see the world in ways that are unique when compared to people around, and have (I think) a sort of sensitive artistic temperament. Joi is a real artist, and I am-- well, what am I? I guess I'm not really an artist, per se, but I like to pretend that I am. But no matter, I learn a lot from Joi.
-Tried to study, but couldn't, due to the hustle and bustle of Mia and Misty packing and getting ready to fly to Washington D.C. for an anthropology conference the next day. Slept instead.

Wednesday
-Fairly routine day at work. Coworker generously gave me some guavas from his yard-- crispy and tart, with white centers. Yum!
-Studied at Starbucks in the B&N at Amerige Heights with Christina and Will.
-Spent night with Christina and Corky.

Thursday
-More fun at work.
-Roommate night with Sara and Elizabeth. Well, Sara came fairly late, but then we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Still not sure what I think about the movie. I didn't think the direction was all that great, yet somehow it was structured skillfully enough to evoke all the proper emotions at all the proper times. One thing I can praise is the acting-- No scenery chewing, yet all the young leads carried themselves well and very professionally. I would not be surprised if we see great things from them in the future, particularly America Ferrera (Carmen--so gorgeous!) and Amber Tamblyn (Tibby--totally my kind of girl). I guess I would not say that this is a great movie, or even good movie, by any standard, but I would say that it is an outstanding film within its genre of teenage-girl-friends-coming-of-age-movies (and yes, I know that's like saying Big Daddy is an outstanding film within the genre of "comedies" made by Adam Sandler... but not quite so damning with the faint praise and all).
-Accomplished absolutely no studying at all.
-Spent night with Elizabeth and her pets (frogs and hermit crabs).

Friday
-Work again.
-Saw that there were 70 formerly reserved tickets for the Narnia premiere that were released and available. Ran over to school and got two, so that Jeff and I can go; he really wanted to, but we didn't get tickets in time, when they were first offered. We're going to the 6:45 pm showing. Look out, Nicole Kidman, because Deb is going to be working the red carpet for the first time!
-Going to have dinner and spend the evening with the Guthries, in a bit. Jeff is driving down, as we speak.
-Two weeks till graduation. I have SO MUCH to do. *panic*

2 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sher said...

There are girls living in Emerson? What is the world coming to??!? ;)

Also, how did you find out about the Narnia tickets ... and are there any more?

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home