Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I've had it up to here

My philosophy of life is such that I'm something of a pessimist, and don't expect a lot out of existence. As far as I'm concerned, the best you can do on any given morning is sit up, take note that you are still alive, put on your favorite pair of Hello Kitty undies to give you that extra secret oomph, and just face the day as it comes. Sadly, one of those aforementioned undies began to unravel in the washing machine yesterday. How now shall I live? I'm thinking of making my own list of life's little indignities. Legally licensed Sanrio branded underwear is expensive.

Anyone checking jokerz's blog will know that our paperwork was in jeopardy yet again yesterday. We have survived, however, and are cleared to close and move in tomorrow. I ought to be excited, but I'm not-- I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Come on, Hello Kitty (or what's left of you), work for me!!

Speaking of work, I'm beginning lesson plans for classes I hope to teach next winter and spring. Pray that everything will work out, so that I can fulfill my dream of teaching and still obtain income. Stupid income.

And speaking of income, I think I'm going to be able to work a few days this week. Odd that I'm excited to go back to slaving for The Corporation, but the less I say about that the better (see: Dooced, but be cautioned regarding possibly objectionable language).

Okay, now I'm going to bed, to prepare for a day of certain setbacks and eventual moving of heavy objects, plus a 200-mile drive. Whee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home