Thursday, September 15, 2005

This is the second morning in a row that I have awakened with a headache. Ick. Must be tension or something. It's really impeding my ability to be productive.

I'm doing all right on my to-do list. Last night, I did several loads of laundry, watched and deleted one movie, signed some paperwork, and updated my resume. Now to send it off to dozens of places, hoping one of them will take notice. In addition to resumes and cover letters, people should be allowed to include little "Why you should hire me" questionnaires, with explanations of how their skills specifically map to the job in question.

Jeff and I watched Rome: Engineering an Empire last night. It was a pretty good documentary, detailing (obviously) engineering (mostly architecture) in the Roman Empire. It made me wish we had HBO, so that I could watch the TV series that they've produced on Rome. However, I can just wait till they release the DVDs and maybe get them via Netflix or rent them at a video store. But back to the original point: I like engineering and I like ancient/classical history, so this was a very fun film to see. If you are like me, try to watch it! It will probably air again soon on the History channel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Graf Spee said...

You watched Engineering an Empire? Lucky! I saw the adds for that one while I was on Base this summer and had cable (I spent a lot of time watching the History Channel) and really wanted to see it. I thought it was going to be a regular TV show, though?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

The HBO series is a regular series. There were several documentaries about Rome that were aired a few weeks ago on the History channel. Related, but not the same.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home