Monday, August 29, 2005

Green Day cleans up

Green Day and Kelly Clarkson swept through the Video Music Awards, winning Best Video, Best Group Video, and Best Rock Video (Green Day), and Best Female Video and Best Pop Video (Clarkson). The ones they didn't win were the ones they weren't nominated for (the exception being the fact that in the category where they were both nominated--Best Pop Video--one of them had to lose; Green Day had three VMAs, so they could let Kelly Clarkson take another one)! Gwen Stefani had been heavily favored to win Best Video and/or Best Female Video for "Hollaback Girl", but while I like No Doubt, I haven't liked Stefani's solo efforts, so I was glad she didn't win anything. I love Green Day and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", but honestly, I thought their video was lame and too obvious; it would have been way better if they'd been filmed singing about "walking a lonely road" while on a crowded street-- being alone and broken in a crowd: that's poetic.




I {heart} Green Day. The only men I can think of who look good in heavy eyeliner.


As my dear readers might know, there is a hurricane buffeting the Gulf Coast of North America. You might have missed the news, if you've been living in a remote cave sans TV, radio, internet, and newspaper delivery. I care because I've been hoping to move to New Orleans some day, and if New Orleans is no longer there, I don't know what I'll do. I want to get my Ph.D. at Tulane.

This weekend was fine and fun. I spent Friday evening with my dear friend Barbara Miller, then watched Sci Fi with Jeff. Baal is back in Stargate: SG-1. They should bring Vala back as well. It would be great to see those two go at it tooth and claw.

Saturday, I hosted a Mary Kay party combined with a craft party. It was very fun, if tiring. We had a decent turn-out: Mom and Mia, Jaime Brennan, Joi Weaver, Jessica Locarnini, Amanda Winter, Sara Brown, and Megan Mendoza (with special guest Marian, her baby daughter). If I forgot anyone, I apologize; it was unintentional. Anyway, Mom and Mia were a great help in getting ready, and Jaime did a good job with her Mary Kay presentation. If you like Mary Kay products (excellent for skin care), check out her site.


Sunday, we went to church and then hung loose for the afternoon and evening. I did some laundry and reading; Ben visited b/c Amanda was at work, and he and Jeff played Halo; Jeff and I watched punk rock videos on Fuse.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You might want to go back and edit that a bit....

11:02 AM  
Blogger Leonard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kiti said...

I don't know what you think needs editing, Jeff. I had to clean up a bunch of junk comments, though.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hosted a Mary Kay party combined with a craft party. It was very fun, if tiring. We had a decent turn-out: Mom and Mia, Jaime Brennan, Joi Weaver, Jessica Locarnini, Amanda Winter, Sara Brown, and Megan Mendoza (with special guest Marian, her baby daughter). If I forgot anyone, I apologize; it was unintentional.Saturday, I hosted a Mary Kay party combined with a craft party. It was very fun, if tiring. We had a decent turn-out: Mom and Mia, Jaime Brennan, Joi Weaver, Jessica Locarnini, Amanda Winter, Sara Brown, and Megan Mendoza (with special guest Marian, her baby daughter). If I forgot anyone, I apologize; it was unintentional.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Crazy! Blogger must have glitched!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Sapience said...

*Spoilers*






Anyone else think Baal is the hottest bad guy on Stargate? And now there are four of him! :)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

*more spoilers*


Yes, Baal is cute. I am trying to remember other bad guys, and he may be the best-looking of the bunch. What about that guy who kidnapped Sam and was the human version of the replicators? He was not to my taste, but he was kind of pretty. Of course, Baal's current bad-guy competitors are the messengers of the Ori (sp?), and they're not winning any beauty contests!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home