Thursday, September 08, 2005

I need a job! Give me a job!

Searching for employment in the Visalia area is something that weighs heavily upon my mind right now, as we have just several weeks left before we move. If anyone reading this blog is located in the Central Valley and knows of a job opening for a brilliant and hardworking scientist, please let me know. I'm going to apply for several more jobs tonight.

Another priority: My last Talbot class, the Ancient Church. I need to get working on that. I wish motivation was as easily obtained as chocolate, and equally as satisfying. I am totally into the ancient world, theology, and all that stuff, so you'd think I'd be eager to start the class, but I'd rather be in summer mode: watching Simpsons, Futurama, and Family Guy, and surfing the internet.

Thoughts on perspective: I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and got the usual physical check-up thingie. I forgot to ask the nurse what my blood pressure is, but I did note my weight when she measured that. Later that day, I spent a little time with Laurel, and told her that I had just had my weight confirmed at xxx lbs. She put up her hand to give me a high five, and then realized that I was just sort of staring at her. "That's not good?," she asked. "Well," I replied, "it's neither good nor bad, but I'm just not used to being this heavy. My inner ballerina thinks I should be 20 lbs slimmer, but my husband prefers me this way. Which will win out?" One person's elephant is another person's ideal, I guess.

Thoughts on theology: I went to Taco Bell with Doug (aka Patton) at lunch today. We talked about some theological issues. He is a Christian, hailing from a quite small and very specific denomination. I don't necessarily have disagreement with his doctrine, but I question some of the practices. They request that members joining their church be baptized, whether or not they have already been baptized in the faith. I ascribe to the idea of One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, so as long as people are truly Christian, I see no reason to undergo a second baptism (and certainly some reasons not to). They do not consider baptism to be regenerative, though, according to Doug.

The world of roommates: I had roommate night with just Sara tonight, as Elizabeth was still flying down from visiting her family in Portland. We intentionally kept it low-key, and watched Cold Comfort Farm. Very interesting. Charming. Not quite what I'd expected.

My sisi always posts her schedules and to-do lists online, so I'm going to try it:
Friday
Breakfast with Christina
Work all day
Deposit check
Practice flute
Watch Sci Fi Friday with Jeff
Wash, dry, and fold laundry
Select CDs from online music service
Saturday
Set up study schedule
E-mail J. Mosbarger
Exercise
Clean kitchen, including refrigerator
Possibly see Josh and Laurel
Call Mom
Watch an old movie
Sunday
Go to church
Begin school work
Practice flute and piano
Spend at least two hours working on creative projects
Possibly see Josh and Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home