Saturday, August 20, 2005

Long time

Well, it has been a long time since I posted. I thought about writing something over the past week, but then thought, "Oh, I'm so boring. Who wants to read my nonsense, anyway?" So that is that.

I decided to post today because (for 30 more minutes, CA time) it is the birthday of our (mine, Laurel's, Mia's) favorite cutie from Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Yes, happy birthday to James Marsters, who is (believe it or not) 43 years of age. He is a truly talented actor, so I hope he gets some good projects and has a solid career for many years to come.

Here he is, in a rare happy moment with Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar), planning their wedding, which never comes to pass.

One thing I really admire about any actor is his ability to act with his whole self: face, mind, and body. Here, Marsters embraces the Cross, in his character as a lost (then found) soul seeking redemption.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He's going to be on Smallville next season as Braniac. That should be pretty darn cool.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Hi, Brendan! Why am I not surprised that you know that? Yes, I heard he had a role as some sort of villain on Smallville, but I don't watch Smallville, so I'm not familiar with his character. He was supposed to start on a film adaptation of MacBeth, but couldn't find funding, I guess.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home