Saturday, December 17, 2005

fatigue

Earlier today, I was tired. How tired was I? SO TIRED. One of the faults of blogs, as with any other written medium, is that there is a limit to the extremity that one can express. I can make my words all caps, then bold and italicize them, but the phrase still lacks that special roll of the eyes and/or wave of the arm that provide Deb's drama queen antics with so much cachet.

But anyway, I was SO TIRED that I took a nap. This is a notable event, because it is very difficult for me to nap: I'm too highstrung to settle down and sleep in the middle of the day; it's enough of a task to settle down to sleep for several hours at night. My napping is become much more frequent as I get older, though, in that it has occurred twice within the year 2005. Whew! I'll be nodding off in the middle of sentences before you know it!

In my own defence, I have reason to be tired. I didn't get a lot of sleep over the past several days, I've been working hard on school (and somewhat less hard on work), traveling hundreds of miles and staying on dorm floors and living room couches, and yesterday was a long day. Jeff and I drove from Whittier to Visalia last night, and arrived at 1 am, after which we both crashed in bed. When I woke up this morning, I was still tired and wanted to sleep more. Jeff decided that we needed to go shopping, so we picked up fast food breakfast (I'm a sucker for egg and cheese burritos and greasy hash browns) and went to Costco for bulk dry goods and stuff. I stumbled and wandered through Costco, and when we got home, I was just so sleepy that I just had to lie down on our comfy couch in the sunshine (when there was sunshine). Jeff ate a prime rib lunch (he made it from scratch), and I conked out for two hours, after which I awoke thoroughly groggy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

You have a right to be tired. You have worked hard to achieve such greatness! I'm so proud of you!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home