Saturday, February 26, 2005

Weekend in San Diego

Yes, I know I haven't posted since Monday. It's the usual excuse--I've been busy. But really: I had class on Tuesday, and Jeff was fixing my computer on Wednesday and Thursday (it was having problems connecting with our file server), and then Friday (last night) we drove down to San Diego with Ben and Amanda Winter. In between plenty of work (National Engineers Week--Yay!!!), school, and stuff, I've barely had time to eat, sleep, and breathe.

Let's see... Tuesday was good, in that I had Torrey class. We were discussing the second half of Nietzsche, and we had a lot of good thoughts about it. There was quite a bit of concern regarding the fact that we didn't seem to be able formulate a good counter-argument to Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morals; however, it seems evident to me that it is because Nietzsche does not present an argument per se, but rather appeals to human nature.

Wednesday and Thursday, the weather was somewhat sunnier. Thursday was roommate night with Sara and Elizabeth, and we all shared work gripes. Very funny.

Friday, as already mentioned, we went down to San Diego. I worked all day, and it was the ICBM department appreciation luncheon. After Sarah had sent out the invite on Thursday, I replied to all and suggested that in addition to Mexican food, we should be treated to Dave Moos doing karaoke. Then I spent most of Thursday afternoon with Laurel, so when I got into work on Friday morning, I discovered that Dave had spread a counter-rumor that I was going to do some Riverdance. Haha. Anyway, after work, we packed up and drove south.

Today (Saturday), we got up, did a little studying (except for Amanda, who isn't in school, lucky girl), then headed off to an outdoor mall (Fashion Valley) and shopped till we dropped. I bought: brown slacks from Express, five blouses and two camisoles from Charlotte Russe, and a brown suede jacket from Wilson's Leather (it was on sale)! I'm so excited about my new clothes (all of which can be worn for work, so I feel virtuous), even though I have had to forego my all-black wardrobe, since Jeff prefers me to wear, well, anything but black.
Now, we're watching Office Space. It is funnier the second time through, and is sometimes too close to the truth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Deb's new stylish, colorful clothing, and cute shoes. Make sure to ask her about her cute shoes.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

so...i'm asking about your cute shoes.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Kiti said...

Cute shoes!!

Chunky brown high-heeled lace-up oxfords. Hip black-and-tan Skechers. Classic black Skechers flats.

I wore my new brown shoes today, as I had a presentation at a technical interchange meeting, and looking good always helps me feel more confident and therefore be more competent.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home