Saturday, February 19, 2005

The end of an era

We had our final trip to Disneyland today, at least the last trip we'll have with these annual passes. They expire on Monday, and we won't be able to go Sunday or Monday, so today (Saturday) was the last day we'll be able to go. We cannot renew anymore, because the annual passes have become prohibitively expensive (yet another of Disney's recent poor financial and operational decisions).
We came to the park at 10 am, and the weather was pouring rain, intermittently, and either sprinkling or displaying blue sky and sunshine during the intermittent times. We met up with Christina and the Winters, and had a great time in between rain drops. We went on all the great rides (except for Space Mountain, which was closed, and Splash Mountain, which was closed and I don't like it anyway--too wet and cold), starting with Indy, Pirates, and the Haunted Mansion. We had lunch at the Riverbelle Cafe or whatever it is--lots of folks like the clam chowder in bread bowls, but I think all their food is bland and nasty. Anyway, we continued with Big Thunder Mountain, after which Ben and Amanda took their leave, and then the Fantasy Land rides--Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Storybook Land Boat Ride (I love the miniatures!), and Matterhorn. We watched the Snow White stage show--it was not very good--and went over to California Adventure for Soarin' over California. Christina then left to pursue some other activities, and Jeff and I were left to explore A Bug's Land (the little twirly ride--I have fun pretending I'm the miniature!). Then it was back to Fantasy Land for the Storybook Land Ride at night (to see the miniatures with their lights) and the Peter Pan ride (I love cute little evil Tinker Bell). Jeff took me by the Carnation Pavilion, where there was a swing band, and we danced to a few songs--so sweet, even if it reminded me that we need to get out and dance more often! All in all, it was a nice Disneyland trip, and due to the rain (which actually cleared up by mid-day anyway), there were not too many people there, and the lines were some of the shortest I've ever seen.
We'll get to go to Disneyland again, I'm sure. Amanda has promised to sign us in or get us complimentary tickets, and we might get passes again when our finances are stronger. But it was still a good way to enjoy our passes at the end of this year.
We've come home to get warm and dry, and I ate a little something, and now we are sacked out on couches. I'm trying to drink plenty of water, since I didn't drink a lot during the day. We're sure to go to bed before long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home