Monday, February 21, 2005

Still cold and rainy

Gotta love Mondays. If they're grey, chilly, and rainy, so much the better. Everything unpleasant, localized and concentrated for convenience.

Spent the day at work, being bugged by Annoying Coworker, hereafter referred to as B. This B is seemingly incapable of doing anything of his own volition or brain power. *sigh* No class tonight, but I went to the store and bought a substantial amount of groceries. Then I came home, put groceries away, collapsed, and scarfed food (while watching Simpsons, of course).

Today's pet peeve is Talentless People. There are those engineers who still require constant babysitting. There are people in all professions whose intelligence and abilities imply that they should never have been released from fifth grade, let alone be allowed to graduate from college. And there are those very famous talentless people who exhibit no shame at their obvious lack. My special scorn is reserved for that poor persecuted little girl, Ashlee Simpson (thus granting Hilary Duff a step down to the number two spot of scorn), who is being publicly petitioned to stop any activities and disappear into the woodwork. I think the reason she annoys me so much is that her lack of ability is so obvious, yet she blithely goes about collecting huge sums of money to shout off-key. If one hears her songs on the radio, they are so over-produced and doctored up that her voice is apparently following the requirements of the song, but it is flat-sounding (no beauty of tone). I didn't see the infamous SNL event, when her lip-synching was outed (not that anyone was surprised), but I did see her "sing" at the televised New Year's Eve event, which she co-hosted (very dully) with Regis Philbin (not that Regis was an adrenaline-raising hoot, either). She was terrible! I told Jeff, "I know she's singing live, because if it was pre-recorded, obviously someone would try to make her sound better." She couldn't stay on key or carry the very-slight tune. Seriously, if she sounds like that on a recording, she should fire her sound engineer. Of course, if she sounds like that naturally, her sound engineer should fire her! It's sad. But, why am I wasting my time trying to convince people of something most of them probably know anyway? Because it's gripe day, that's why.
Dear little Ashlee--You are young and energetic. It is not too late to make something of your life. You can go to college, learn something, and eventually contribute to the world. Your sister is, I think, beyond hope (but at least she can carry a tune without needing a bucket), but you can bring credit to your family. Don't despair, Ashlee, the world is full of people who might appreciate you if you start making good decisions. I'm even willing to tutor you, if you need some good SAT scores.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Ashlee Simpson is number 2 on my list. Paris Hilton bugs the crap out of me. I think she's far less talented than Ashlee, and that's assuming Ashlee has any talent at all.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kiti said...

The thing is, everyone knows Paris Hilton is trashy. I don't know anyone who would claim she actually has talent. Thus, she's on a different list of people that annoy me, for a different reason than lack of talent (even though she does lack talent). Sheesh, all those billions of dollars, and she can't afford to buy herself a pretty face?!?

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home